How the coronavirus affects Flying Tiger Copenhagen – store operation and our employees
March 20, 2020
We are a global brand and operate in 29 countries, thus we are fully aware of our role and our global responsibility and we do our utmost to take all necessary precautions.
We are monitoring the spread of the coronavirus closely and are adhering to all official guidelines and governmental restrictions in each market.
Our main focus is people and safety – our customers and our store colleagues.
As a consequence, we have closed down the vast majority our stores across Europe and in the USA. In Korea and Japan, we are open and operating all stores, with that region being ahead of Europe and the USA on the virus curve.
In the few markets and stores that are open, we are very aware of our huge responsibility. Our customers’ and employees’ health and safety is our top priority, and we have taken all necessary actions. This by e.g. providing hand sanitizer in our stores, regulating the number of customers at a time in our stores and ensuring a safe distance in the queues.
It is still possible for Danish customers to shop online www.flyingtiger.com, where demand for hobby and DIY items is very high.
As for our colleagues in our head office in Copenhagen and the local offices around the world, everyone is working from home and finding new digital ways of solving the everyday tasks of running an international brand. We miss coming together and the daily in-person interactions, but we will see it through.
For further information, please write to:
About Flying Tiger Copenhagen
• Founded in 1988 by Lennart Lajboschitz, today Martin Jermiin is CEO
• Revenue for 2018 equals DKK 5.6 billion
• Introduces 300 new products each month
• Counts more than 6,000 employees globally
• 950+ stores in 29 countries and in 3 continents (Europe, Asia and USA)
• 70 stores in Denmark alone
• Offers everything from party items, home decor, children toys, gadgets, gift ideas to prize winning design.